Jump to Page:
PRACTICE GROUPS AND INDUSTRY AREAS
- Labor and Employment Law, Benefits & Compensation
- Natural Resources & Environmental
Todd Bergstrom practices in the firm’s litigation department, primarily focusing on the representation of businesses in the areas of construction, environmental, deliberate intent, personal injury, and general insurance defense. Mr. Bergstrom has practiced with the firm since 2010, and has experience in all levels of defense litigation, including pre-trial, trial, and appellate.
Mr. Bergstrom has experience defending construction contractors, mining companies, insurance agents, insurance companies, design professionals, bars and restaurants, and various business owners. His work encompasses many of West Virginia’s major industries, including the mining, timber, construction, and transportation industries.
Examples of matters Mr. Bergstrom has recently handled include:
• Defending a pipeline construction company through trial against a deliberate intent claim involving a timbering accident
• Representing a construction contractor against claims of negligent construction on several large municipal sanitation projects
• Defending a coal mining operator in a case alleging nuisance caused by the transportation of coal products
• Litigating matters alleging the fraudulent sale and implementation of 412(i) defined benefit pension plans
In 2010, Mr. Bergstrom graduated Order of the Coif from the West Virginia University College of Law, ranked 3rd in his class. While in law school, he also served on the executive board of the West Virginia Law Review. As the Executive Editor, Mr. Bergstrom was responsible for selecting articles for publication and coordinating the annual law review symposium. Mr. Bergstrom also authored an article that was published in Volume 112 of the West Virginia Law Review. Prior to law school, Mr. Bergstrom graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania, with a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and Psychology.
Mr. Bergstrom currently resides in Charleston with his wife and son.
West Virginia University College of Law, J. D. (2010)
University of Pennsylvania, B. A., Environmental Studies and Psychology (2006)
West Virginia (2010)
U. S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (2010)
U. S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia (2012)
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
Defense Research Institute