Jump to Page:
Angela W. KonradPartner
PRACTICE GROUPS AND INDUSTRY AREAS
- Class Action and Mass Torts
- Natural Resources & Environmental
- Products Liability
Ms. Konrad’s practice has long been focused on representing Fortune 500 clients in occupational injury, toxic tort, and other civil litigation matters. She has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for this work.
During her more then twenty year tenure with the firm, she has successfully defended clients in personal injury cases resulting from automobile/train collisions, cumulative trauma disorders, occupational diseases and emotional distress claims, as well as cases involving property damage, premises-liability, insurance defense and natural resource law. Examples of her work are:
• Ms. Konrad regularly represents a Fortune 500 company in a myriad of matters, including personal injury and death actions, property disputes, contractual and indemnity disputes, cumulative trauma/occupational injury cases, and insurance cases.
• Ms. Konrad was recently co-counsel for a transportation company sued by an employee alleging career ending injuries. Following a month-long trial in Pike County, Kentucky, the jury returned a defense verdict.
• Ms. Konrad was co-counsel for a Fortune 500 company in an unprecedented multi-state mass tort case against landowners, coal companies, and timber companies for catastrophic flood damage. The case was settled successfully after weeks of trial. Subsequent indemnity actions for reimbursement of the settlement amounts as well as the cost of litigation were successfully prosecuted.
• Ms. Konrad successfully obtained indemnification for all settlement costs and fees on behalf of a corporate landowner in Kentucky as a result of a catastrophic coal slurry spill. The multi-million dollar civil action involved hundreds of plaintiffs and protracted litigation; however, the landowner received complete indemnification.
Ms. Konrad is a Huntington, West Virginia native. She graduated from West Virginia University in 1986, Summa Cum Laude with a B. A. in psychology. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She is a 1989 graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law. She is admitted to practice in both West Virginia and Kentucky.
Ms. Konrad is currently on the Executive Committee of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel. She is a member of the DRI, Transportation Lawyers Association, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia, the West Virginia State Bar, the Kentucky State Bar and the Cabell County Bar Association. She is also an active member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel where she has served on many committees. She has served on the Board of Directors of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Tri-State and is also a West Virginia 4-H All Star.
West Virginia University, B.A. (1986)
West Virginia University, J.D. (1989)
West Virginia (1989)
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (1989)
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1992)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky (1996)
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
West Virginia State Bar
Kentucky State Bar
Cabell County Bar Association